The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation in advance or at the door to cover costs), but you must register in advance to participate. We’ll be at The Word at Shaw again, 4265 Shaw Boulevard St. Louis, MO 63110. Saturday, February 28, from 2 – 4 PM.
- Bring seeds to share. Any amount is fine.
- You do not have to individually package seeds.
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING EXPIRED SEEDS. Germination rates for seeds more than five years old are typically very poor, please don’t bring them.
- Seeds may be store bought or harvested from your garden.
- Seeds do not have to be heirloom or organic, but we appreciate it when they are!
- If your seeds are not already labeled, please do so. Indicated the variety and sun requirements – full sun/part sun/shade. Folks can look up the rest on the internet.
- It’s always a good idea to bring envelopes or baggies to store the seeds you pick out. We will have some envelopes to share, but they go fast.
If you have any new or gently used extra tools lying about, bring them to swap with others. We’ll have a table set up for drop off when you arrive.
Presenters and Sponsors:
STL Food Swap http://www.stlfoodswap.com/
Slow Food St. Louis http://www.slowfoodstl.org/
As everyone checks in we’ll have some snacks to share and time to socialize. Once we are all settled, we’ll have a couple short talks from some awesome local folks who are going to share their wisdom while we get the seeds organized. We’ll keep it fairly brief, but we have lots of great info to share!
If you would like to volunteer at the event, please email me email@example.com.